Rendering: 2013 BMW 2 Series Coupe

Spy Photos | August 17th, 2011 by 27
bmw 2 series coupe1 750x500

In 2013, BMW will launch a new family, the 2 Series. A spin-off from the new 1 Series, the 2 Series family will include the coupe and convertible variants.

Built on the F20 platform, the new 1 Series Coupe will move up in class and be sold under the 2 Series badge. The car will share some design cues with the recently unveiled 1er Hatchback, a controversial model that received mixed reviews.

At the front, the new 2 Series Coupe will feature a similar headlight design as the hatchback model. The front bumper is expected to have a more aggressive look and a lower stance.

bmw 2 series coupe1 655x436

At the rear, the taillights will receive the LED treatment and will continue to be designed with the usual BMW L-shape approach.

Engines will be shared with the 1 Series, and will include the 1.6-litre TwinPower turbocharged four-cylinder petrol unit, which currently offers up to 170 hp in the 118i. Among the diesel options will be a revised 2.0 liter, delivering up to 181 hp

The engine offerings for the US will include the new four-cylinder turbo engines, along with a higher-end six-cylinder engine.

By positioning the new coupe and convertible as 2 Series products, BMW will be able to sell them at a premium price while including some of the options featured in higher-end models, like the 3 or 5 Series.

[Rendering: AutoExpress ]

27 responses to “Rendering: 2013 BMW 2 Series Coupe”

1. What the heel is on it’s back?? The red… thing?!? One ugly car… And all because of the shape of it’s lights…

2. empower says:

so you are saying this car is ugly due to the rear lights that you can hardly see lol. why hate, it looks like a mini 6 er. this car is a good rendering but it wont look like this which is  a shame the m sport version would look even better,

3. Truong Giang says:

Hmm, keep in mind that recent renderings are so close to the real product, I have a feeling the 2er will look just like this

4. Bry says:

A 2-series M Coupe would be amazing!

• Anonymous says:

and will be properly named as an “M2”

• Anonymous says:

and will be properly named as an “M2”

• Mateo says:

today M3 E92 is soo big and heavy it could be mini M6, M3 E90 is soo big and heavy it’s M5 while M5 is something like M7…new m3 will be even bigger…

imagine this: M2 normal today M car (read, for losers)
      while M2 Sport Evolution (successor to M3 Sport Evo)
      enlarge N43 engine to 2.5 L and 250-280 hp (of course naturally aspirated high rev – something like 7500 rpm, no air con, radio and other stupid stuff, manual gearbox – weight around 1200 kg! I would buy it any time over any modern M3.
      E46 M3 CSL was the last true M3

5. Buckeye says:

This car really appeals to me aesthetically.  I think it looks much nicer than the current 1 series and agree that a flared out M2 would look fantastic.   I’m an E90 hater, I never really got used to the Camry-esque-ness of it.  I’m glad to see a more aggressive looking car.  The F30 3 series looks really similar so far.

6. Slomonov says:

These are not real BMWs, I’m sticking to my E90 and looking forward to the F30!

7. Manchester Man says:

i wonder how the 1 M will look like in that model.

8. Alex says:

I have been a fan of the marque for decades. I had at least a dozen BMWs and still own 3. This is the ugliest rendering, and to be honest, the ugliest design language from BMW in a long time. I realize this is a rendering by an artist, but new cars are no better. WTF are you doing, BMW?

9. LexusLVR says:

R.I.P. BMW

10. Mark Chen says:

If it would looks pretty, the 1-series will be a truly disaster from looks and sales, so the 2 can’t be pretty!

Regarding the endless conflict between Audi and BMW on BMW Blog, I always considered it could be a good idea to do something on it…Here is my action:
    I conducted an academic research on the use of “comparative ads” in premium car segment. I highly appreciate the value of your voice, please let me know your stand on the war between Audi and BMW!

This is my questionnaire: https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/3063
    Short! and easy!
    Contact me on Facebook: Mark Chen —if you want to express more!

btw, apparently BMW can’t afford the danger of a big move on design for best-selling 3-series, it’s not the same business as 1-series, which is just receiving a bold redesign from a crazy designer!

11. scooternva says:

I love everything about this… EXCEPT the headlights. I just can’t get past the ugly pointed slant towards the kidney grilles, and for me it kills the look of the car. From every other angle though, it’s a sweet little ride. Hopefully BMW will fix this in the 2014 M.Y.

12. Chris Parente says:

A little confusing — if the new 1 series coupe will be a 2 series, will there be such a thing as a 1 series coupe anymore?

13. உன்னை விழுங்க says:

Just a sloppy rendering.  Can beat the real thing.

14. உன்னை விழுங்க says:

Just a sloppy rendering.  Can beat the real thing.

15. உன்னை விழுங்க says:

Just a sloppy rendering.  Can beat the real thing.

16. உன்னை விழுங்க says:

Just a sloppy rendering.  Can beat the real thing.

17. SaltyNuts says:

That’s one ugly automobile.