Advertisement

New 2012 BMW 3 Series to feature square-shaped Angel Eyes Headlights

Spy Photos | February 17th, 2011 by 14
2012-BMW-3-Series-2

Judging by the latest spy photos, the next generation 2012 BMW 3 Series will feature square-shaped angel eyes lights. Back in 2009, the Vision Concept …

Judging by the latest spy photos, the next generation 2012 BMW 3 Series will feature square-shaped angel eyes lights. Back in 2009, the Vision Concept was the first BMW to sport the new headlights design, followed shortly by the Gran Coupe and late last year, the 6 Series Coupe Concept.

The 2012 BMW 3 Series will be the first car entering production with the new Angel Eyes and most likely other models will follow.

Our own Hugo Becker shared with us some his thoughts on the new F30 3 Series. “What BMWBLOG expects the new F30 2012 BMW 3 Series to be is based on what we can discern from press releases, our understanding of BMW’s ‘platform matrix’, and the continuing march forward of EfficientDynamics. As we previously wrote, the latest X3 is a good place to look for insights into the new 3er”, said Becker in recent editorial.

New 2012 BMW 3 Series to feature square shaped Angel Eyes Headlights

Further more, Becker says “the suspension will be the tried and true double-joint spring-strut (MacPherson strut) up front with the multi-link setup in the rear. It works well so there’s no big reason to fiddle with it. Engine options should be the new turbo four cylinder in the 328i and the N55 turbo six in the 335i. Expect the next generation M3 to get a turbo six cylinder also. There’s some hope that the Dynamic Handling Package will be available as an option.”

In our opinion, the new 2012 BMW 3 Series will be an evolution of the existing 3. It will appeal to a large number of potential buyers looking for a sporting premium sedan. And the new design language will make the car even more attractive, starting with the square-shaped lights.

[Source: Gmotors ]

  • Manny

    Straight from bimmerpost homepage to bmwblog homepage lol.

    • http://www.bmwblog.com Horatiu B.

      So if CNN posts a story, no one else can pick it up, right? Especially since the spy photos were posted this morning at 8AM by Gmotors.co.uk which forwarded the shot to us.

      But hey, we have a lot of “friends” that come here to bash. We just won’t do the same on other sites.

  • Geoff

    “In our opinion, the new 2012 BMW 3 Series will be an evolution of the existing 3″ Really?!!??! WOW

    • L. Hamilton

      jajajjajajj owned!!

    • Alex

      What’s so funny? They meant it won’t be such a dramatic change as say from the e39 to the e60 or e38 to the e65

  • Tom

    YES! i love love loved the squarish angel eye design on the 6er concept. BMW should have kept it for the 6, alot more people would have like it i think.
    This is gonna look amazing. awesome post

  • Viper

    hey people im soryy for being a bmw hater i just love them tbh i cant resiest them i wanna have sex with them :p so im soryy :D

  • Viper

    and P.S love those eyes the next 3 will looks soo sexy

  • http://www.twitter.com/bimmermechanic Tim V.

    I think these square angel eyes will be a great addition to the new 3. It will make all the copy cat after market angel eyes look out dated (at least for a little while) if nothing else.

    My only complaint with the E90 3er was the ugly tail lights on the sedan, id rather see BMW fix that. With new tail lights (I imagine it will have F07 lights) and new angel eyes, the 2012 3er should be one sexy beast!

  • Woo Hoo

    Why is everyone saying that they are square? They look circular with flat bottoms.

    • http://www.bmwblog.com Horatiu B.

      Ok, in a way they do look squarish. But you’re right, circular with flat lines is more of an accurate description. Maybe an hexagon? :)

  • Pingback: BMW renunta la celebrii Angel Eyes cu forma rotunda | 0-100.ro

  • http://debrecencruise@blog.hu Bence

    The source is not working.

  • bmwFan

    so if this is an evolution is it safe to say the new 335 or equivalent car will have at least 350hp 340 torque? if not then they can stuff their overweight/longer “new” 3 series.

    why are people such loyal bmw fans? if you guys actually drive these cars then you’d know 80percent of them are waste of money status symbols for idiots that think they maded it. the other 20 percent of their cars are nice to drive, but far from perfect.

    the only car i’ve ever driven that feels perfect is a carrera s,and cayman s(although it doesn’t have enough power as of now for me to want to purchase it, maybe if they slap a 380hp engine in the cayman s i’d shit my pants and want one)

BMWBLOG

NEWSLETTER