AutoWeek Poll: Who has the best best sporty coupe in the US?

Interesting | February 12th, 2011 by 10
best coupe 750x492

AutoWeek challenges all of us to vote on the best sporty coupe under $50,000 in the U.S. The automotive publication places head-to-head some of the most remarkable coupes available for sale in the United States and the poll is announcing to be a close one.

BMW Groups is represented by three vehicles. First, the BMW-branded 1 Series and 3 Series Coupe. Second, the front-wheel drive, yet still exciting to drive, MINI Cooper.

Aud is well represented as well with two vehicles that have been challenging BMW coupes around the world: Audi A5 and TT Coupe. Mercedes throws into the fight its Mercedes-Benz E350 coupe, a vehicle slightly larger than the other contestants.

best coupe 655x298

Other worthy mentions include the Cadillac CTS Coupe, Hyundai Genesis coupe, Infiniti G37 coupe or the Chevrolet Camaro.

In the U.S., the 2012 BMW 3 Series starts at $37,650 for the base 328i Coupe, while the 3.0 liter Twin-Scroll turbocharged 335i Coupe sells for $44,100. While slight more expensive than in 2011, the two vehicles include the automatic transmission at no-charge.

The entry-level coupe, 128i, has a base price of $30,950 while the 135i Coupe begins at $39,050.

From a competitors standpoint, the Audi A5 starts at $36,900 for the 2.0T model.

To cast your vote, head over to AutoWeek.

10 responses to “AutoWeek Poll: Who has the best best sporty coupe in the US?”

1. StraightSix says:

All these cars on AutoWeek are nice and objects of desire of course, but my vote would go to Ford Mustang or Chevrolet Camaro beacuse they are insanely cool.

• StraightSix says:

Oh my, so many minuses, it’s not like I said BMW sucks or something, some people really are mindless fanatics….

• Scooter says:

I have to agree that’s a bit obnoxious. OTOH, while I also agree that the Camaro and Mustang are pretty cool, I just don’t see them as “best”. For overall fit, finish, performance and style I really do believe the 3-series is the best under $50K, but only by a hair. The E90/91/92 is now six years old… the sixth-gen 3-series can’t get here soon enough!

2. aChinese says:

Love BMW, but that Audi A5 is a good looking car.

• FreudeKing says:

What’s so good looking about it? It is so boring and the front end looks like a messed up sad face. Perceived beauty is only skin deep. When we vote for the best, we don’t just vote on looks. The mere fact that this A5 is basically a VW Jetta underneath means that I will never support such cheaters with cheap imitationsling VWs at BMW prices.

3. FreudeKing says:

Can someone please tell me how those VW and Volvo hatchbacks got their way into being classified as a Coupe??? The fact that they have two doors does not mean that they are coupes.

4. Jonas says:

Fiat 500 a coupé what the hell?

5. Audipage says:

I would say Audi TT Coupe and more on the TTS Coupe.

6. Welc0me says:

Bmws are fun but not exiting like the mustang,I think it would be intresting if they compared bmw to the mustang gt.The catty cts v is the king of sport sadans and also the cheapest compared to some expensive sadans that mersedes has to offer.But if your lokking to buy a cheap handsome coupe you need to but the mustang.Bmws are to expensive espechialy if the mustang is about the same calliber and way more fun than the m3 coupe.

7. […] Hyundai first launched its Genesis Coupe, it showed the world that it could actually make a decent sports car. Was the Genesis Coupe the […]