2011 is upon us and for BMW brand the new year is announcing to be quite exciting. If 2010 was a recovery year, the upcoming 2011 is expected to be a turning point for BMW with car sales increasing in Europe and North America, and especially in China.
With over twenty new models coming out in the next few years, the family of BMW cars gets refreshed while adding new niche vehicles and a sub-brand.
A first here at BMWBLOG, we are sending out our predictions for 2011 and will draw the line at the end of next year to see how we did.
- BMW will surpass Lexus as the biggest premium automaker in the US. – In 2010, BMW closed the gap against Lexus, but in 2011 with the introduction of the new 5, X3 and 6 Series, we anticipate BMW taking the lead in the premium segment.
- BMW will increase the awareness of their Megacity electric vehicles – We expect BMW to increase the marketing budget for their upcoming electric sub-brand, and a concept electric car will be unveiled.
- BMW 1M will be sold out and becomes the car of a true BMW enthusiast – The new “baby-M” is announcing to be a hit for BMW and if the pricing falls around the $45,000 mark, we predict a quick sell out.
- BMW announces a four-cylinder diesel model for the US market – It will be in an X1 model, or a next generation 1 Series F20 (123d), or an X3 (xDrive 20d).
- BMW increases the sales gap from Audi in the North American market due to increased advertising and marketing – BMW has already announced a comeback in the Hollywood scene and 2011 movies and TV shows will feature more and more BMWs, including the new 6 Series in the Mission Impossible franchise.
That’s our take for 2011, but we would love to hear your predictions as well.