Help us choose the exterior color for our BMW 1M. Vote Now!

1M, Featured Posts | December 11th, 2010 by 47
bmw 1m valencia orange white black 750x382 Help us choose the exterior color for our BMW 1M. Vote Now!

The title pretty much says it all. BMWBLOG has decided on the next BMW purchase: the new 1M. The decision has been pending for months and we were looking to change the 335i in our garage with a different model.

First in line was the 335is, a fantastic car, but we felt a bit overpriced. Next, we LOVED the 335d, a remarkable yet understated vehicle that in our opinion was just as fun to drive as the more powerful 335i.

Third, well, we always had a soft spot for the M3 Sedan, a true sports car, both on and off track, and powered by one of the best BMW engines ever built, one that we will dearly miss very soon.

bmw 1m orange white black 655x972 Help us choose the exterior color for our BMW 1M. Vote Now!

And this brings us to the 1M. I personally have never been a fan of the 135i Coupe, the bodystyle seems a bit awkward, safe, but somewhat classy. Also felt the interior space would be a huge inconvenience, especially for someone 6″3. And on top of this, too much understeer for our taste.

When we first heard about the 1 Series M Coupe, or 1M as we call it these days, we were excited, despite conflicting reports mentioning BMW building an “is” version rather than an M model. Soon after first spy photos appeared and our excitement began to decrease. The car simply looked like a regular 135i Coupe with a slightly aggressive bodykit which turned out to be just a testing kit. Fast forward a few months later, and the teasing began. Different from anything they have done before, BMW began to slowly show the car, revealing certain parts and leaking specific information. To our surprise, weeks later, BMW offered a ride to some journalists in the car, as passengers. Reports started to come in and excitement began to rebuild, but not enough to move the 1M at the top of the list. By that time, the 335d was still leading as our next car.

Stay with us, we’re getting to the point we’re trying to make.

Another few months and this time, BMW gave the 1M wheel to several journalists and enthusiasts. Reviews came in and there were nothing short of being positive and enthusiastic. We knew at the time 1M might be moving up on the list, but….we weren’t there yet. If you remember, we kinda said we weren’t fans of that awkward bodystyle….

Well, December 9th, 2010 came and the car was fully released and within minutes, we were already inquiring on Twitter on what dealership will give us an allocation. YES, it took us literally minutes to decide upon it. Sure, there are some voices within BMWBLOG that are screaming naturally aspirated or Dinan-like horsepower (a hint to our road editor Shawn Molnar), but the court gave the verdict: our 2011 purchase will be the new BMW 1 Series M Coupe.

And this brings us to the point of this rambling, what color do we choose?
5248842475 36bacc4cde b 655x435 Help us choose the exterior color for our BMW 1M. Vote Now!

We have all seen the Valencia Orange before, either on the 1M or the M3 GTS, a stunning color, flaming, head-turner, but does it complement the athletic design lines seen on the 1M?

What about Alpine White? That color has always been a favorite of ours, classy, timeless and simply beautiful.

white1m-1

Sapphire Black.. definitely an understated paint job, but for some reason, it really stands out on the 1M and makes that bodykit pop-up even more.
black1m-1

Recap:

• Valencia Orange – head-turner, unique, exclusive
  • Alpine White – classy, beautiful
  • Sapphire Black – aggressive, imposing

Courtesy of Phillip of 1Addicts, we are bringing these colors in front of your eyes, through a Photoshop exercise of course.

Your role in this? Vote and leave your comments and tell us what color we should get for our 1M.

bmw-1m-valencia-orange-white-black

[poll id=”67″] [Photoshop: 1addicts ]

47 Responses to “Help us choose the exterior color for our BMW 1M. Vote Now!”

1. Bryce says:

I think seeing them in person would make a huge difference. Black has a presence in person that can’t be experienced by photograph. However, having not seen the cars in person, I’d have to go with Valencia Orange. In my opinion, the Valencia Orange turns the ultimate motorsport car into the ultimate collector car as well. Good choice.

• Bryce says:

Clarification. Good choice going with the 1M over the 335is or 335d.

• FreudeKing says:

That orange colour looks dull and faded. Go back to the post where you compared the RS3 to this 1M, the RS3 in red was so bright, glossy and sharp whereas this colour looks like the car has been standing in the sun for three decades!

White is an absolutely amazing colour and shows the entire design (which is good). It also contrasts nicely with the black bits of the exterior such as the mirror attachments and bumper inserts.

Buy a black car only if you think this is ugly and want to hide the design as you will just be mistaken for driving a normal 1 Series, which defeats the whole point of buying the 1M.

• realdrivernoBS says:

otro pobre pendejo que no sabe una puta madre de coches jjaja

• FreudeKing says:

¿Por qué no te vas a lavar la boca y las manos con jabón antes de comentar sin usar su cerebro. Usted no tiene modales y es evidente que son el pobre tonto aquí. Así que deja de joder – para usar sus palabras.

Yo no lo puedo evitar que usted se siente ofendido por mi análisis profesional de los colores sólo porque usted tiene mal gusto y feo como la naranja o la conducción de un coche negro a sí mismo para tratar de ocultar su fealdad. Ah por cierto, si usted conduce un coche negro, que son el grupo más inmaduro de los propietarios de automóviles (según una encuesta reciente) – Así GROW UP!

2. Omg! Lucky you! Get black, sapphire black! Nothing is sexier than a black shiny Bmw with an ALL-BLACK leather interior. Not white; white is girly looking. I’m a female and I myself wouldn’t drive a white car; too frilly. The Orange one I dunno, I would have to see it in person. It could work if you want it to look edgy. Black looks classy and “powerful”, it demands respect.

• FreudeKing says:

You choose black if you buy a 7 Series. If you buy a sporty small car, black just hides all the details. Also, there is no chrome to add class to your black car, so it’d be like looking at darkness

3. sapphire black with black kidney grilles would look amazing!!!!

4. Laszlo says:

no black for me ever. I don’t like black color.

I would choose the white if it had a gray or black roof. also needs a matching wheel possibly with a red stripe on the edge of the wheel and on the edge of the roof.

but give me a good fire red car with black roof and I will be happy

5. X5SoB says:

The Alpine White best shows off the changes to the body. I’ve had three white cars and they were really sharp looking, particularly when clean. White still looks good when mildly dirty, while black looks shitty with even a little dirt on it(I’ve had a black car too), and the orange looks dull when dirty. So, unless you plan to wash the car every day, white is best, particularly with the black accenting(grill, window trim, etc.). My opinion is based on reality, but seems to be in minority here.

6. Bryce says:

…while I chose the Valencia Orange, my number one choice would be white with an M stripe. If this car is going to be used for motorsports it should be white with an M stripe and a number on the side, in my opinion. If it’s not going to be used for motorsports or bmwblog.com is opposed to detailing, then they should go with the Valencia Orange.

7. XC says:

Black, that’s the car for me. Orange and white are fine, but all cars do look more elegant in black…

8. Tony says:

Good luck Horatiu!! I have had my name on the list at my local dealer since the rumors first came out. I was the only one on the list for a long time. I plan on the orange, but will wait to see final cost. Wont pay a dealer markup for anything.

9. claud says:

I want a white one, but if no ED/w discount its a FAIL. I’ll just wait for der nu 3.

10. Horatiu B. says:

Over 200 votes and there is a tie

11. Tom says:

Alpine white white white!!
    Undescribeably beautiful. You lucky bastiiids.

12. viper says:

Id go for black , but if I really had to buy this ugly fat fck then Id go for individual paint something much cooler than these colors , also I would do a facelift because this car i still ugly , and increase the power to 370 and drop some 100kg more…..there is your real 1M…not this

13. Honda says:

Hard decision without seeing the colors in person, but I would probably go for the black

14. ferrarifan says:

as a bmwblog car, i think it should stand out. orange. =)

15. What about the Dark Blue colour?

16. BooKoo says:

Black FTW

17. Vaybach Khan says:

i vote for orange,but what is about that sky blue they were showing with that chik?

18. Ed says:

I voted for black. It helps to hide a lot of the 1 series clumsy bug eyed look.

19. Andy says:

White is a terrible color for a high-performance car, it’s better suited for Buicks and Toyotas driven by Sunbelt retirees.

Can’t you get one in bright red or neon blue?

20. Auday says:

I voted Black, but I think if I see the Orange in person I might change my mind.

21. jkp1187 says:

Alpine White…but IF, AND ONLY IF, you get some ///M Blue/Purple/Red racing stripes added. Otherwise: Valencia Orange

22. RayS says:

NO LIME/PINE YELLOW? I’D GO WITH WHITE THEN BLACK!

23. Horatiu B. says:

I can’t believe how close this poll is…Now I’m really confused…so far leading towards Alpine White and Orange.

• XC says:

I think that black looks both classy and underestated, just like the car itself. But I also think that this car is destined to become a true icon, so the best way to go is to get both black and white! Anyways, I also think that red is missing… But my first choice is definetely black.

• X5SoB says:

Well, you know what Vonnegut said: opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. I say screw the vote, go with your gut.

24. Bryce says:

Horatiu, is there any chance a white one would end up with a tricolor ///M stripe on it? Something reminiscent of an E36 M3 CSL, perhaps?

25. StraightSix says:

I can’t believe Orange is last and is the best!

26. Tiago Santos says:

Alpine White no doubt!!
    Very classic but brutal on this car

27. Dave says:

Go with white. I’d be OK with black too, but definitely not orange.

Question for Horatiu. I know you want to give the appearance that BMWblog is some big-time website, but I suggest you reconsider your use of the majestic plural (the “royal we”) in every post. It’s pretty corny to keep saying “us” and “we” when you’re often giving personal opinions and you’re clearly purchasing a car for yourself.

Just be honest with us, we don’t mind! We’re happy with your work creating this website and love the posts. :)

Cheers!

• Horatiu B. says:

1. bmwblog is some big-time website
      2. there is a “we” and “us” here, I don’t do everything alone
      3. Might even share the car among “us” so we can post different reviews.

28. animah says:

I think it’s great that the poll results are so close it really mean we will have some variety (if that can be called variety with only 3 colors)…

For now I go with the VO (my order is in VO) I’m still a bit uncertain I might maybe change for SB because I think it could lower the visual impression of the car. And that would make it a good color option, specially with this car which look a bit high.

But personally, I wouldn’t go with any other colors with the actual only one proposed interior. With the orange touch everywhere on the interior, Black or VO looks for me to be the only valuables options.

I hope I’ll be able to see the car with VO in person before mine goes into production. But for now I keep faith!

29. Stuartboyce-nice says: