Rare BMW Z8 Individual at 2010 Essen Motor Show

Auto Shows | November 30th, 2010 by 13
BMW Individual Z8 2 750x500

Our sister-magazine BimmerToday spotted an interesting BMW Z8 Individual at the 2010 Essen Motor Show. The Individual Z8 features a Stratus Grey and Ivory paint, along with a full Nappa leather interior in beige color.

According to the Z8 Club, only eleven copies of the Z8 were made in this particular color combination. The car in question was built in September 2002 and exported to Qatar. In 2009 it returned to Germany and it is now offered for sale by a German dealership. This Z8 Individual has 50,000 kilometers on it.

The price? 136,000 euros.
BMW Individual Z8 1 655x422

The Z8 Individual sits on 20 inch Alpina Dynamic. The body is based on a torsion and rigid aluminum frame in noble Space Frame technology. The V8 engine with 400 hp from 4941 cc is imported from the BMW M5 E39 and the relatively light car accelerates to 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds.

Other features included are the dashboard mounted instrument panel, turn signal in fluorescent technology, run-flat tires with tire pressure warning system, and a Hi-Fi system from Harman Kardon.

[Source:  BimmerToday ]

13 responses to “Rare BMW Z8 Individual at 2010 Essen Motor Show”

1. X5SoB says:

Beautiful car. With the paint job, this reminds me more than anything of the Weismann.

2. Clinton says:

Absolutely gorgeous, I just don’t care for the Alpina rims. They don’t match the style for me, something a little more vintage would have done the job.

3. Kramp says:

This car was for sale about a year ago in germany for more than 120k€.

4. wazon8 says:

Awsome paint! What a shame that BMW resigned from Z8.

5. adc says:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks hideous? Together with the fact that it’s probably an Alpina with the automatic and non-M motor… all thumbs down from me.

6. ///M5Manny says:

That car is definitely not an Alpina. The Alpina cars all had the serial numbered medallion between the seats, something this car does not have. So it is most definitely the S62 motor with the manual trans.

7. Stephen says:

I love the Alpina wheels, but hate the paint job. Just doesn’t look right on a BMW.

8. RK says:

It looks like the guy that ordered the paint really wanted a 56 corvette, not a z8. Paint job ruins a perfect car in my book!

9. BIMMER1 says:

That is the ugliest paint job I think I’ve ever seen on a factory BMW. Tan and silver? Would you wear silver shoes with tan pants? Ugly is an understatement.