MINI’s marketing machine continues its successful run. Next stop, Milano, the fashion capital of the world and the city where MINI Countryman fits right in.
The Face to Superstudio Più on Via Tortona – one of Milan’s hottest locations – was the place to be to check out personal interpretations of the MINI Countryman Getaway feeling from four well-known celebrities. Margherita Maccapani Missoni, granddaughter of the founder of Milan fashion empire Missoni, jewellery designer Delfina Delettrez Fendi and designer Maarten Baas all set about filling a MINI Countryman with everything they would need for a perfect weekend in the countryside. The project was wrapped up by the MINI Countryman packed by Dean and Dan Caten, designers of hip fashion label Dsquared².
Margherita Maccapani Missoni.
The Missoni brand ambassador followed a “picnic in the country” theme for her “to pack list”.
- Missoni Home cushions and tartan blanket
- Classic-style picnic basket
- Large Borsalino straw hat
- Pair of wellies from Hunter
- iPod Touch with speakers
- Bottle of Brunello di Montalcino red wine
- Vintage crockery
- DVDs with DVD player
- ERES swimsuit and bath towel
Delfina Delettrez Fendi.
The daughter of Silvia Venturini Fendi and jewellery designer Bernard Delettrez has covered every base with the following kit list:
jewels trunk, cushions and blankets, Baguette bag
- Carlton Vapour Trail 2010 badminton racquet
- iPod with Panasonic SC-SP100 docking station
- Pots containing rosemary, lavender, sage and laurel
- Two bottles of Sangiovese red wine
- Bottle of olive oil, loaf of bread, tomatoes, carrots and celery
- Brompton folding bicycle
- Unopiù hammock for two people
- Bébé Comfort Pebble car baby seat
- Butterfly net
- Portable telescope from Città del Sole store in Milan
- Carmina Campus recycled travel bag
- Straw bag and straw hat
- Colour pencils set
- Astronomy book
- Digital pocket videocamera
Known, among other things, for his innovative concepts (e.g. Real Time 2009), designer Maarten Baas opted for a very specific theme for his personalised Getaway. Baas is in the grip of football fever, so his MINI Countryman is packed to the rafters with footballs in different sizes and colours from Nike and Lotto.
The designers’ current “Camping” collection is the perfect match for the MINI Countryman, so the successful Canadian duo had a relatively straightforward task. As well as packing in a range of outdoor kit from the collection, such as a rucksack, travel bag, camouflage peaked cap with buttons, and wellies, they slid a canoe onto the roof of the MINI Countryman. An umbrella, lantern, fishing rod, picnic basket and guitar round off the equipment list for the custom-made Dsquared² Getaway. During the Salone del Mobile the display window of the flagship Dsquared² store in Milan will be given over to the “MINI Countryman – Urban meets Country” theme.
waterproof backpack, glasses, He Wood e She Wood perfume, rubber boot, life jacket, beach towel, shirt with embroidered ants, jeans jacket, flip flops, jacket, rubber sandals
- Picnic basket
- Camping bag
- Water bottle by Ferrino
- Tartan plaid
- Fishing rod
- A bottle of Champagne Mumm
- Vodka Absolut
- Kayak and Kayak helmet Prijon from Tuttocanoa – Milano