New Rendering: 2011 BMW 6 Series

Rumors | March 27th, 2010 by 16
BMW 6er 2012 New Rendering: 2011 BMW 6 Series

Another BMW model to receive a full makeover this year, is the BMW 6 Series. Due to launch in 2011, the 6 Series family will continue to offer its well known variants: Coupe, Cabrio and M6. Several rumors around the brand mention the posibility of a fourth model to join the 6 Series, a four-dour coupe model that could carry the GT name.

With just a few months before the official unveiling, automotive journalists continue to innovate in the rendering space. This latest computer generated image gives us avantgarde look of the new 6er. While not extremely obvious, some CS Concept design elements can be seen in the rendering below.

According to previous reports and inside sources, the next 6-series coupe and convertible will be radically different from the current cars’ styling. The current 6 Series is very polarizing due to the “Bangle butt” it carries, but the redesigned 6er, is rumored to be a “super sleek” vehicle, as seen in these latest spy shots as well.

BMW 6er 2012 New Rendering: 2011 BMW 6 Series

The 2011 6 Series is slightly longer and wider than the current generation. It will have shorter overhangs and a lower roofline which implicitly gives the car a more muscular look.

Despite some initial reports on a hardtop 6er, trustworthy sources mention the softop as remaining the only offering for the convertible.

Engine wise, the new 6 Series will feature a combination of diesel and petrol offerings. The high-end diesel model will be the 640d, powered by the N57 turbocharged straight-6 common rail diesel engine outputting 306 horsepower.

The 650i will be the highest offering powered by the 4.4 liter V8 Twin-turbo engine.

Sales will begin in 2011 and the new model will be unveiled in November.

16 responses to “New Rendering: 2011 BMW 6 Series”

1. wazon8 says:

I would really like it if it had more z4-like face, but the direction is good – there is something in it that classical old 6-er from 70-ties – 80-ties comes into my mind.

2. L1ndja says:

I dont think its very close to the real one..The kidneys and the upper section of the (face) looks possible but the headlights and the lower section of the bumper are off.

3. BMW X6 says:

Is it only my feeling or are the fronts of new models becoming very similar to each other ?

• Tom says:

That’s the point. They’re introducing a ‘family’ of cars. ..all offering some of the same bmw qualities but at the same time individualizing each. I think it’s brilliant. Pretty much the same deal with the earlier bimmers, though in my opinion, bmw is taking alot longer to produce this family than in the past

• Damien says:

That is to simplify ordering. I would like a Medium BMW please.. No changed my mind make it a large…

4. Joe says:

I have a feeling it will be perfect and a two door GT that everyone wants to own. Really looking forward to this one.. big time!

5. bunker says:

Umm, not only is this rendering awful, but it is not even close when you look at the spy shots. Waste of time IMO.

6. BMWAdvisor says:

My Genral Manager just returned from the Portugal event shwoing off the new BMW 5 Series. He saw the new 5, obviously, but also the new X3 and 6. Big news: the next 6 vert is a SOFT TOP. Ther car was there in the flesh…soft top for sure.

• Bryce says:

I have trouble believing that someone saw the next 6 when no pictures of it have been released… so far, only spy photos. If there were actual pictures of the vehicle, then there wouldn’t really be any point to making a rendering.

7. Billy says:

I did a traceover of the spyshots’ 6 series countour lines, and it matches up pretty well. Except for the line breakage over the rear wheel well. I highly doubt they will put that in, and it really annoys me that the people who do the renderings keep including it.

8. Andrew says:

love it!

• none says:

That looks like an e90…thats nothing like the new 6. Its likely to be a lot smoother, with more flame surfacing and fewer sharp edges (like thew 5, or Z4, or 5GT)

9. viper says:

high hopes I lay on this one
    btw. where are my buddies like bab , waz and Ho?

10. kodey says:

The Kidney grills are to much like the out-going E60 5er…

11. plaxico says:

why no f1 coverage, news, nothing ,zilch ,jack ,zip ,nada on this site ………?

12. Doug says:

It’s cool, but looks awfully chunky. Possibly because the girl’s head is so small in proportion. Is she sitting on a phone book?