We all come to love BMW’s famous 4-year maintenance program. As many of you know, BMW is one of the few companies left to offer a Car Free Maintenance Program for any vehicles still under the original factory warranty. In a recent article, we spoke about the options you have when your BMW warranty expires, but that’s a whole different story and you can read upon it.
Last month, BMW published a video on Youtube featuring their BMW Ultimate Protection Program, a new protection program that offers advanced levels of insurance to protect against damage, loss or theft of vehicles, full coverage of vehicle service costs and long life options for long-time BMW drivers.
The BMW Ultimate Protection Program consists of three complementary plans:
- BMW Extended Vehicle Protection
- BMW Guaranteed Auto Protection
- BMW Tire & Wheel Protection
Here is a quick description of these plans:
All BMW drivers are not created equal. Whatever your driving habits happen to be, there’s an extended service contract designed for you. BMW tailored the BMW Extended Vehicle Protection program with your needs in mind, offering you a level of security you won’t find with any third-party contract provider.
Program benefits include:
- Covered repairs performed at an authorized BMW repair facility.
- Only original BMW parts for repairs.
- 24-Hour BMW Roadside Assistance, in the unlikely event of a breakdown.
- A worry-free ownership experience.
In the event of a vehicle theft or an accident that results in a total loss, most insurance companies only reimburse the owner for the market value of the car. This, along with the deductible, can create a significant gap between what your insurer will pay you and the balance on your loan.
Because of common risks associated with theft, collision and natural disaster, the chances of your vehicle being involved in a total loss are greater than you think. With BMW GAP, you can be confident your deficiencies or deductibles will be paid off.
The BMW Tire & Wheel Protection program provides coverage in the event of damage to your tires or wheels as a result of metal, nails, glass, debris, potholes, blowouts, etc. (excluding cosmetic damage). You can choose a plan that covers your vehicle for up to 5 years.
Program benefits include:
- Ultimate peace of mind. You no longer have to worry about unnecessary financial hardship in the event of damage due to a road hazard. We have you covered.
- Damaged tire(s) will be replaced, not plugged or patched.
- There are no maximum number of occurrences, no claim limits and no claim aggregate.
- Benefits are not restricted by vehicle mileage.
- Program benefits continue even if you replace your tires.
- Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered.
- Transferable — adds resale value.
Some of you might have already known about these protection plans, but for those of you new to the brand, the links above can be quite useful.