Breaking News: 2011 BMW 335is First Photos

3-Series | January 20th, 2010 by 26
bmw 335is 031 750x335

Breaking news this morning. BMW USA just posted some photos on their website of the upcoming 2011 BMW 335is. As we mentioned last week, the 2011 BMW 335 Coupe and Convertible will be offered in the “is” version as well, an upgraded model with 324 horsepower at 5,900 rpm and 332 lb-ft in “regular mode”; an electronically-controlled overboost function can briefly increase torque under full load by another 37 lb-ft bringing the torque peak to 369 lb-ft.

The BMW 335is will also have the option of a DCT transmission.

It uses the same upgraded N54 six-cylinder turbocharged engine. The sportier 335is includes two transmission choices: DCT or Sport Automatic. All the other M-like elements are available as well.

bmw 335is 01 655x289

Press release and photos are days, if not hours away, so stay tuned as always for the latest information and lots of high quality photos.

26 responses to “Breaking News: 2011 BMW 335is First Photos”

1. dennis says:

this facelift model is grwoing on me everyday. First i didnt like the it, but now its like holy sh!t.

Its stuff like this that makes me proud to be a BMW fan.

2. Rafael Zacharias says:

cool!I When the sales start?And congratulations for the excellent job here

3. Jordan says:

it grows on me everyday!… i love that facelift!

4. E92-TORONTO says:

The rear diffuser and the rims look damn sick a, thoes are from BMW Performance Parts.

5. Bert says:

Beautiful car. I would so buy one if I had money. Though I would take an M3 over that.

6. Tom says:

I’m so glad it turned out so beautiful. I’m going to do another ED this year to replace my E90 with this.

7. Bryce says:

Does anyone know if the 2011 M3 will also be getting the new headlights and a Life Cycle ‘facelift’? This looks about as close to an M3 as you could get without actually getting one.

8. steven says:

2 questions:

1. the other facelifted 335’s get the new SINGLE turbo N55 engine, correct? this one gets the TWIN turbo N54, but upgraded to 324hp. is the z4 IS getting more hp or is that just the difference in the different horsepower measurements we use in the US vs elsewhere?

2. whats the “sport automatic” ive seen several times? is the the ZF 6 speed auto theyve used for a long time, with a new name? is the the X5/6M’s 6 speed auto that will hold a gear to the redline if you want? is the the new 8 speed? something else?

thanks for the clarification :-)

9. Bryce says:

BMW is just making it tougher on themselves when they have to design the next-generation 3 series. Seriously, how high can you raise the bar?

10. bunker says:

now THIS one…is freaking fabulous. the front end looks right now. very aggressive.

11. badger says:

very nice
    so im guessin the 335is will be included with a..M package?
    or are the IS models differnet from 335 M sport cars.

12. Tom says:

badger:

The M-Sport package is just a cosmetic change only. The 335is is a separate car with both cosmetic and performance enhancements.

13. Alex says:

This is beautiful.

14. Austin says:

Will it be offered with X-Drive?

• Doug says:

This is an interesting question. If it is not available (and it probably is), then does that mean they’ve lowered the engine?

• Austin says:

What do you mean by lowered the engine? I’m don’t think it will be, but I am between purchasing a 335is and 335xi and it would make it so much easier if there was a 335is with X-Drive!

15. IAn says:

Very nice but I cant help preferring naturally aspirated engines (and the consequent lack of HPFP gremlins). I shall stick to my 328i coupe and wait for them to iron out all issues in the next M3 (the current one is too bloated and I prefer a straight 6 to a v8).

16. :p says:

Since the 3 series is larger than the Z4 35is, shouln’t the 3 have a larger engine like the 348hp engine inside the new 1 series M or something similar to it

17. M3_4U2NV says:

The press release tells more (the single turbo, faster-than-2wd X-Drive)

18. badger says:

oh okay thank you Tom.
    very very nice car.

19. Eric says:

What does the badge read below the side marker light? BMW naming convention is getting ridiculous, and the badge looks stupid on the Z’s and X’s. As a current E92 335 owner, I’m still not happy with the bigger headlights – it’s lost the aggression of the original. But the overall bodykit helps here.