2011 BMW 5 Series Official Catalog

5-series | December 19th, 2009 by 30
2011 bmw 5 series  9 2 655x4911

The 2011 BMW 5 Series comes back in focus after weeks of extensive news that covered the launch and all the information released shortly after. The new 5 Series is already creating lots of buzz among automotive fans and several publications featured comparisons of the new 5 and its competitors. We were one of them as well.

European buyers will see the new 5er early next year, followed shortly by the rest of the world and North American market. While the European line-up is far more extensive, as expected, the U.S. market is expected to receive initially the 535i and 55oi models. Rumors of a diesel engine heading to U.S. have been circulating for months now, but nothing has been confirmed as of now.

The official 2011 BMW 5 Series catalog posted below outlines all the options available in the new model and show us to expect before the dealership ordering guides are out.

2011 bmw 5 series  9 2 655x4911There are 31 pages of information that we have no doubt, any BMW fans and not only, will find it interesting to scan through.

2011 BMW 5 Series Official Catalog | PDF

30 responses to “2011 BMW 5 Series Official Catalog”

1. Jag says:

Accrding to this catalog, the 523i, 528i, 535i, 520d, 525d, 530d come with standard ‘normal tyres’. That would please a lot of people here.

2. sg says:

I know this question sounds a bit unimportant when you see a beauty like this, but does anybody know where the cupholders are hidden? in that department in front of the gearshift? are they option or standard equiptment (dont know how it was in the US with the E60 – but on european soil you needed to order them seperatly)

• sg says:

STOP – found it:
      on page 21 you can see it. behind the iDrive instead of the ash-tray

• sg says:

on the german BMW homepage its already possible to configure the F10 with your individual wishes and options:

as soon as you take the sport-automatic trans. instead of the “normal” 8-gear automatic one the cupholders disappear in the center console.

i know, i know – it is just a cupholder – but for me those little gimmicks make the comfort ;-)

• Tee says:

I have never understand a meaning of cup holders. I cant understand why people want to eat in their car.

More important are the tech gadget which make the comfort.

• sg says:

if you have to drive your car every 2nd day for abt 5 hrs its sometimes nice to have a coffee – especially when the day starts at 4 am ;-)

but i understand what you mean – a comfy seat (which gives you a bit of a massage) is also a the type of gadget which i wouldnt want to miss

• XC says:

I’m a coffee lover and for me a cupholder is a must. I also travel quite often, so it’s useful when you have a roadside stretch and have some soda or so. Otherwise I will never allow anyone to eat in my car. (My kid knows that rule very well). Just like The Transporter’s car rules:

Rules of the Car:
            1) “Respect man’s car, and man will respect you”
            2) “Greet the Man”
            3) “Seat belt”

Universal rules, even for Audi cars :)

3. Rad Dockery says:

what about the various colors avail?

4. Babken says:

Can somebody help me? I download the catalogue but after opening it the Acrobat Reader has a problem and needs to close.

5. viper says:

u obviously know alot about computers , I know but I wont help u fanboy

6. mark says:

The interior looks really beautiful but I’m still not convinced about the exterior. Hopefully in the flesh it’ll look better but the sloping rear of the cabin spoils it for me. Leaves me feeling the current version was way ahead of its time.

7. Bryce says:

Is this catalogue for US and International? Will the Black high-gloss shadowline be available in the US? I thought traditionally its been strictly a European option.

8. Stratus650 says:

What !! No Manual Tranny on the 550i !! WHY !!!????

• I have read a few more websites that claim the 550i will indeed have a manual transmission available. I’m honestly surprised that BMW doesn’t offer an MT with everything they make. It’s just my opinion, but having a car do everything for you (ABS, traction control, automatic transmissions, etc) takes the fun out of driving.

9. Soofdawg says:

The new design just makes the current one look ugly. Can’t wait for the M5.

10. 100$ GUY says:

Yeah, no more run flat tires standard…..(except 550)
    Wonder why is that????
    Has been bmw finally acknowledged something here?
    Too many complaints?

11. 100$ GUY says:

Gotta add, what the heck ? Very ver few standard features…thats progress bmw, thank you for considering us.
    All new gen and barely nothing is standard than before, sucks.
    Not even xenons? what is that? not even on a new 2011 5 series?

12. 100$ GUY says:

Gotta keep the rant with the following post from f10 5post.com:

Good to know the rear light cluster, steering wheel and exterior mirrors are standard. BMW is officially the new Porsche when it comes to options. I have a feeling the 550i is going to be a very expensive piece when loaded up ($85,000?)

Xenons, USB, Heated Seats, Leather, Moonroof and Navigation should all be standard at this price point. Period. I wonder if BMW will ever understand that!

AMEN BROTHER.

13. Dublin says:

anyone know when the 540d will be available ?

14. Nizer says:

Not feelin’ it. Hope the M5 turns out better.

15. JS says:

Definately better looking than its predecessor. Hopefully will offer some damn diesels here in America, but I know that will only be limited to my wishful thinking.