Exclusive Photos: BMW S1000RR

Motorrad | December 16th, 2009 by 9
bmw s1000rr 19 750x500

Finally, after much anticipation, my eyes have fallen on the S100RR in the flesh. Was it worth the wait? Here are some exclusive pictures for your viewing from the Toronto Motorcycle Show, please enjoy.

The S1000RR was created when art and science went out for dinner. Actually, they got married. To refresh on the basics, the S1000RR is the world’s premier liter bike, boasting 193 hp while spinning up to its 14,200 rpm redline.

Yes, that’s 142 with another two zeros behind it, the world’s highest revving production liter bike. Also the world’s lightest ABS equipped super bike at 206.5 Kg (455.3 lb) wet. As you’ve noticed, this bike has a lot of world firsts, and that is barely scratching the surface. For a more in-depth review of this bike, please refer to our previous article, “Two Wheeled ///M”

bmw s1000rr 5 655x491

9 responses to “Exclusive Photos: BMW S1000RR”

1. E92-Toronto says:

Sick Ride

2. The Lee says:

Mmmmmm, I could defnitely go for some ~2.3 pound-per-HP Beamer fun…

I wish BMW could have produced a bike with those specs using the boxer engine, but I definitely won’t lose any sleep over it being an inline-4.

3. lennardt says:

at a test of a german magazine a normal s1000rr produced 200hp, so the bike has more power than claimed by bmw ;-)
    -> BEAST!

4. truelies says:

pics were taken at the toronto motorcycle show this past weekend.

early dyno numbers are between 183 and 185HP. If those numbers are true, it will make the S1000RR more powerful than the Suzuki Busa :)

The S1000RR may not only be the most powerful litre bike ever, it could well become the most powerful production sport bike ever.

5. viper says:

nice bike

6. Jordan says:

if i ever get another motorcycle…. this will be it!

7. :p says:

this bike has more power than many Japanese Cars.

8. Beautiful bike. I’ve read that it’s going to be priced at $13,800 as well, which is really awesome. I still think I’ll wind up with a Ducati 1198 as my next bike, though.