Latest rendering of the 2011 BMW 5 Series

Spy Photos | November 3rd, 2009 by 24
f10 v4 3 750x480 Latest rendering of the 2011 BMW 5 Series

Based on the latest and some of the most revealing spy photos of the 2011 BMW 5 Series, our friend Jon Sibal decided to show us what could be hiding underneath that very light camouflage.

Judging by the spy shot posted by us earlier today, we believe the rendering is very close to the actual design, maybe with a slight adjustment at the bottom of the headlights area.

Looking at the car from this angle, the sleek, svelte look is in line with what we have seen so far. The rendering also features a low roofline and short overhangs, design cues that we’ve been mentioning several times in the past few months.

f10 v4 3 655x393 Latest rendering of the 2011 BMW 5 Series

All we have to say is that if the new 5 will look remotely close to this, we will be extremely satisfied.

24 Responses to “Latest rendering of the 2011 BMW 5 Series”

1. Vaybach Khan says:

the headlights kill it..i dont like it…if the rear lights is bad as the headlights,im disappointed..and this is what we gonna see..
    for the first time in my life i have to say merc e class looks better…fuck..
    i hope they change it with the facelift…
    i cannot understand that line of the headlights!!!!??wtf they were thinking! im pissed offf……gt is a killer compered to this….
    i hope i change my mind in future…when i see it live….

• Horatiu B. says:

It’s just a rendering. I still think the headlights will be slightly different. I do like the overall design though

• Vaybach Khan says:

yes overall design is not so bad its bmw,but just like others sad its playing too safe..i hope the real lights are different but i saw them at spy photos its pretty similar to the rendering,and they are oversized!…we’ll see..its very near…

2. Bryce says:

There’s definitely no ‘wow’ factor with this car. It looks good. That’s it, just good. BMW is playing it safe by using clean lines and making a simple sedan. This car looks like the next generation of the E39, which is nice but I was expecting something more. I feel like I’ve seen this car before, and I’m not impressed.

I had high expectations, and I don’t think this rendering meets those expectations. I’ll have to see it in person before I can make a final determination, but I feel like I’ve already owned this car. (I had a ’98 E39 528i)

3. Bryce says:

I just looked at pictures of the new E-class and I agree with Vaybach that the front of the E-Class might look better than this rendering, but the rear of the E-class looks a bit like a Kia to me.

• Peter Louies says:

I was driven a few hundred meters behind an E-class some time ago and when it hitted the brakes I thought that’s a new KIA or a new Korean car. When I drove by I noticed it was the new E-class. A few days later I noticed the same remark in a car magazine so I am not alone on this. Mercedes should do it’s homework better.

4. Rad Dockery says:

BORING. Not an ugly car but very conservative. No sure how this will attract new customers. Will have to see it in person

• Horatiu B. says:

I think conservative is good, even though I see a lot of evolution when compared to the E60. The car definitely looks sleek, sporty….and I have no doubt it will look stunning in person. Think about the 5 GT….EVERYONE hated the car in photos, but we all fell for it when saw it in person.

5. Bo Kim says:

stupid headlight

6. badger says:

i still hate the 5 gt for it’s ugly ass rear
    but honestly i like the new design concept for the new 5er
    it A MILLION times better than the outgoing 5.

7. Giom says:

Looks very good – for a render. We all know (or should know) that the actuall car will look MUCH better in photographs, and then even better in the flesh.

Can’t be too long now…?

8. joe says:

if this render anywhere close to the real thing i would spent all the money that i HAVENT GOT on an xf

9. Adnan says:

I hate the front, the current e60 is one of the most beautiful bmws ever to me, this one is just weird and plain

10. viper says:

it looks like a whole new class , its low and wide its different 5 series….though I still think the E class will be better when compared..why not launch the M5 at the same time , it would be kick ass

11. Artmic says:

I totally like this rendering more than the current weird looking 5 :)

12. Peter Louies says:

The current 5-series was perfect for me from a design standpoint.

What I don’t like are the headlights and you can also see it on the spy photos.

The headlights are too much coming from the current 3-series. I don’t see much CS concept in it. It makes me also think of the headlights of the 6-series or the previous 7-series. I do hope it looks better in real.

13. Mike Messer says:

The rear side looks to be a little too high and almost a little too much like a Lexus.

14. Rad Dockery says:

I really liked the current E60. Wasn’t crazy about the interior but exterior was pretty nice. Wasn’t the current E60 its best selling 5 ever?

Anyhow, change is always needed but this is too safe in my books. Will have to see it in the M /sports package

15. Plamen says:

looks nice but no way:)…good try for the 3rd series coupe!!!

16. yr27 says:

lol this is a renderin……duh it wouldnt look as good.from what i see in the spy shots i think this is gonna be 1 fantastic lookin beemer.and who ever says an e class is better lookin or much wilder is blind.the e class is boarin n boxy.the new 5 is gonna be the class leader.esp here in south africa

17. efoza says:

This photo is nothing like the real thing which you will see officially launched next month. TRUST ME

18. sanbmw says: