BMW 1 Series Hatchback spotted in Los Angeles

1-series | October 26th, 2009 by 14
bmw 1 series hatchack US 750x500 BMW 1 Series Hatchback spotted in Los Angeles

BMW 1 Series Hatchback models are not part of the 1 Series fleet in the U.S., but BMW sells them across the world with the largest sale numbers registered in Europe. Many BMW fans have been hoping to see similar models in the U.S. as well, but BMW has never confirmed any future plans to sell them in the american market.

In the past, several 1 Series Hatchback models have been still spotted on U.S. soil, some of them registered them in Mexico to embassy diplomats while others belonging to BMW suppliers (Bosch).

One of our readers, Dal, spotted another 1 Series Hatch in Los Angeles and unfortunately, we’re going to shatter your dreams: the car is still registered in Mexico and not an actual test mule.

bmw 1 series hatchack US 655x491 BMW 1 Series Hatchback spotted in Los AngelesThe next generation 1 Series is due in 2011 and we’re hoping that along with the four-cylinder engines, the 5-door hatchback style will make it across the ocean also.

14 responses to “BMW 1 Series Hatchback spotted in Los Angeles”

1. David says:

I own a 1-series Hatchback. Nice car!

2. Andrei M says:

It feels funny , since here in Romania ( it’s in Europe if you ever wondered :) ) these are like 90% of the series 1 you see everyday . And in US you make a post and hunt them . Like i said , it’s funny .

3. Mauro Corti says:

My brother owns own :) 120d MY 08 M sport package, really nice car

4. Jp Albano says:

It could be a car from mexico, i’ve seen the hatch back in the states before and it was from Mexico – you can tell from the plates which we can’t see.

5. Chris W says:

I had the pleasure of riding in a friend’s 1 series in Austria, and it was such a neat little city car! I do wish they’d market it in the US.

Seems all too often in the US, luxury and quality is associated with BIG. But there’s at least some number of us who would still like a well-engineered vehicle that’s more appropriate for “big city living.”

6. Dede says:

I am starting to see them more in California, but everyone I’ve seen has had Mexican plates.

7. Horatiu B. says:

Same with this one. The car is registered in Mexico. I asked the person that took the photo

8. Ned says:

I’ve seen a white one in Venice, CA. I hope the next 1-series hatch makes it to the States, but I also hope it will be a more appealing version.

9. toto says:

A friend of mine is having one too. Much more practical than the CoupĂ©. Yes we’re in Europe! :)

10. ian says:

I saw a 1- Series 5 door on the Mass Pike just outside of Boston last week, couldn’t beleive my eyes. It had a blue on white plate but it was going in the opposite direction so I couldn’t read the fine print so to speak. Too bad they are not (yet?) available state side.

11. john says:

i would buy the 1 series hatchback the day it came out if it was to in NY

12. george says:

i saw a black five door with a bmw of manhattan license plate frame. i believe it had regular ny plates – non diplomat. no rear badging but it did have projector headlights. very nice looking. too bad they will only offer the “niche” vehicles – coupe and convertible, it’s a shame.

13. SnowTi says:

Can one cross over to Mexico illegally and purchase one and drive it up here? Is that possible… the purchasing in Mexico and driving it up…!