It has come to our attention that BMW dealerships across the country have already received their allocation numbers for the upcoming BMW 550i GT. Along with these, the ordering guide for the first BMW Gran Turismo to launch in the U.S. are available as well.
BMW 550i GT comes standard with an 8-speed automatic transmission, 18″ wheels with all-season tires, panoramic moonrof, park distance control, Xenon headlights, navigation system and some other gadgets that are now included standard in the high-end model.
A variety of exterior and interior colors are offered as well, starting with the “default” Alpine, White Jet Black, Titanium Silver, Space Gray or Black Saphire and continuing with more exclusive colors, some seen only on the newest models: Neptune Blue, Deep Sea Blue, Imperial Blue, Dark Graphite and Orion Silver.
Inside, consumers will have a choice between Everest Gray Dakota leather, Venetian Beige, Ivory White, Cinnamon Brown or Black.
BMW offers a variety of packages for the 550i GT. The usual Sport, Cold Weather and Premium Sound packages are complemented with:
- Active Ventilated Seat Package – Front ventilated seats, active front seats, multi-contour and heated seats
- Camera Package- rear-view and side-view cameras
- Convenience Package- power tailgate, comfort access, soft-close automatic doors
- Driver Assistance Package – automatic high-beams, lane departure warning, active blind spot detection
- Luxury Rear Seating Package– sunshades, rear ventilated seats, rear comfort seats, 4-zone climate control, heated seats
The Sport Package comes with some amazing options, EDC(Electronic Damping Control), Active Roll Stabilization, 19″ or 20″ wheels and Adaptive Drive.
Other optional equipment includes Integral Active Steering, Head-Up Display, Night Vision camera and many others.
The 550i GT standard and optional equipment are comparable to the ones found in the new 7 Series, the flagship luxury sedan that offers the latest technology developed by BMW.
Unfortunately no pricing is available at the moment, but we expect the BMW 550i GT to have in the U.S. a base price between $65,000 and $70,000.