Automobile Magazine has an interesting article today talking about one of the oldest rivalries between two automotive companies. The rivalry between BMW and Mercedes-Benz dates back to 1959 and in our opinion, it can be classified as being beneficial for both the companies and consumers.
BMW and Mercedes-Benz have been competing on almost all the car segments and offer some of the most innovative automobiles.
Before we let you read the entire editorial, here are some facts gathered by Automobile Mag:
Same destination, different routes
- Mercedes-Benz goes with superchargers; BMW goes with turbochargers
- BMW introduces a V-12 in the 750iL; Mercedes follows with the S600
- BMW develops prototype V-16 for Rolls-Royce; Mercedes contemplates V-24 for Maybach
- BMW tries C1 city bike; Mercedes launches Smart
- BMW waits twenty years, then copies Mercedes-Benz’s diesel
- BMW favors hydrogen; Mercedes favors everything but hydrogen
- BMW shows M1 Homage; Mercedes actually builds gull-wing SLS
- Mercedes creates DTM monster 190E 2.3-16; BMW retaliates with E30-chassis M3
- BMW introduces high-class X5 to counter low-quality Mercedes ML-class
- BMW builds South Carolina plant; Mercedes builds Alabama plant
Full article can be read at Automobile Mag