MotorAuthority Renders the 2011 BMW 5 Series Wagon

5-series | August 12th, 2009 by 23
2010 bmw 5 series rendering 100226408 l 750x500 MotorAuthority Renders the 2011 BMW 5 Series Wagon

As we get closer to the unveiling date early next year, the next generation BMW 5 Series comes back in focus. 5 Series vehicles have always been played an important role in the BMW line-up over the years and the latest news is that BMW’s budget allocated to the new model will reflect that.

The fellows at MotorAuthority take their turn at rendering the next 5er and the result is inline with some of the other attempts we have seen in the past: a significant 7 Series influence at the front-end. As represented in this rendering also, the new F11 5 Series Wagon has grown in size and the rear-end sports a more coupeish like roof.

The sportiness allure of the current 5 Wagon model has been carried over onto the new model and expanded even further. The BMW 5 Series Wagon is considerably lower and sleeker than the Gran Turismo version, still keeping that sportiness much needed by the BMW buyers. While the new 5 Series Touring/Wagon will continue to play an important role in Europe, the question whether BMW will phase them out in the U.S. still remains.

2010 bmw 5 series rendering 100226408 l 655x369 MotorAuthority Renders the 2011 BMW 5 Series Wagon

The Wagon model will still appeal to the same consumers as it did before, larger families or people looking for more interior space and cargo room, without having to jump into an SUV or break the bank by buying the more expensive 5er GT.

The 2011 BMW 5 Series models will be powered by a large variety of engines, from diesel and gas powerplants, to a rumored hybrid version in the future. The entry level 5er will be the 520d powered by a 2.0 liter four-cylinder engine and the 523i with its 2.5 liter straight six powerplant. The high-end 550i will make use of the now popular 4.4 liter V8 twin-turbo engine.

Despite the increased size, BMW has managed to keep the performance levels high by the extensive use of lightweight materials including carbon-fiber and aluminum.The new 2011 BMW 5 Series will use an all-steel chassis which uses special techniques to process the steel and as a result, the steel layers are lighter yet stronger. There will also be more aluminum, composite plastics and magnesium parts used in F10/F11 5 Series.

The control-arm front suspensions will replace the MacPherson Struts and at the rear, there will be a multi-link layout.

BMW will unveil the new 2011 BMW 5 Series at the Geneva Motor Show next year.

[Source: MotorAuthority ]

23 responses to “MotorAuthority Renders the 2011 BMW 5 Series Wagon”

1. Mauro Corti says:

I don’t like it at all… I mean, it’s not ugly, but it’s not beautiful even; the new 5er should be really nice or Audi and Mercedes will sell more and more, have you seen the E Class? Beautiful car in my opinion, the perfect style for this kind of car.

This rendering shows a too much conservative and “flat” design; with “flat” I mean that this car will not make me turn the head, but a bmw should so… I hope this will not be the final design because it already looks outdated

• L1ndja says:

I agree with you at all points.But it doesnt look very outdated but if it was to be this it would be outdated within 2years.

• wazon says:

Maybe it’s not impressive, but like it. However, e60 with M-optic is still more attractive for me. E-class is ugly (especially its headlights), Audi A6 is getting really boring.

• Victor says:

yes, you are right, need more interesting design for 5 series.

• Lance says:

agree. flat is very near to being ugly in today’s terms. it’s also too 7 Series like. But don’t have too much hope as the spy shots also showed that this is a flat and boring car.

2. viper says:

boring , who the hell designed this

3. Timur says:

Terrible design (like 7-er), sleazy and terrible designers

4. viper says:

they should hire a audi designer or rent a MB designer because I hate these boring ridiculous new bmws except for new 7er

• Giom says:

It must kill you that Merc took on a BMW designer recently. Karim Habib designed the Seven series. Oh, wait… Thats why you say you like the 7er…?

Shame, I guess that turned your world upside down a little :)

• wazon says:

Is there something you like in BMW?

5. Giom says:

I’d like to make a point.

I’ve seen a lot of ppl replying negatively to posts regarding BMW design. I see myself as a hardcore BMW fanboy. I take note to new competetor cars when they arrive on the scene. I study them, read up on them and leave it at that.

I would never go to a competetor site and make negative comments on everything regarding that brand. It would be only my opinion – and I know that nobody would take a jerk like me serious. My inputs would be worthless to those ppl.

What does that say about the people doing it on this site?

Ignore their comments, it’s worthless!

6. Frederico Silva says:

I like it =D

7. Frederico Silva says:

Horatiu the 5 series will be presented at the Frankfurt IAA? If not, what’s the predicted date for the oficial presentation?

8. Paul says:

i think i have seen that car before…let me think…oh…wait..yes..its the new 7 series

9. Timur says:

I feel BMW designers go on Audi way. Soon all BMW models will have one face. In my opinion this dead-end way. Forgive for my english

10. Mitchell says:

I dont think it looks bad, but it doesnt look great…the e60 I think is one of the best looking 5ers…Maybe Im biased because I drive one, but there are plenty of people who will agree with me. This is a bit boring, and it kind of reminds me of the e60.

And Timur, I agree with what you say, Having the same face is too boring, and it could end up bad.

11. Frederico Silva says:

People clam down! This is a rendering!!! –> “MotorAuthority Renders the 2011 BMW 5 Series Wagon”, it’s not an oficial presentation…

12. Frederico Silva says:

13. Vahid says:

In my opinion this new 5er is really beautiful.but I don’t know why it looks like 3er.

14. People have great expectations from 2011 BMW 5 Series. BMW will launch two hybrid versions and the best thing is it will be available in gasoline and diesel engines. One more advantage is 6 speed steptronic auto gearbox. Performance by this car will be mind blowing. For more in detail refer