Description in Brief.
• With its agile, versatile and modern character, the BMW X1 guarantees a new driving experience in the premium compact segment. It expands and enhances the range of BMW X models by yet another innovative vehicle concept.
• Through its body design the BMW X1 demonstrates self-confident elegance, a versatile and sporting character, as well as spontaneous agility. For the first time the features and characteristics of a BMW X model are carried over in modern style into a unique vehicle in the premium compact segment.
• The interior of the BMW X1 is characterised by clear function and trendsetting, modern style. The driver orientation so typical of BMW is additionally accentuated by the forward pushing lines within the cockpit area. Sophisticated materials and natural colours accentuate the youthful and dynamic flair of the vehicle.
• The elevated seating position, a generous feeling of space, the wide range of storage options and the variable interior offer ideal conditions for enjoying the BMW X1 both in an urban environment and beyond, with agility, spontaneity and versatility of the highest calibre. Three full-sized seats at the rear offer generous space and freedom of movement. The rear-seat backrest is adjustable for angle and folds down in a 40/20/20 split. Luggage compartment capacity may be increased from 420 litres/14.7 cu ft to a maximum of 1,350 litres/47.3 cu ft. An electrically operated Panorama glass roof is available as an option.
• Modern drivetrain technology gives the BMW X1 superior performance and supreme efficiency all in one. Depending on the model variant, the driver benefits from powerful, economical and low-emission gasoline and diesel engines, BMW’s intelligent xDrive all-wheel-drive technology, as well as a wide range of BMW EfficientDynamics features including Brake Energy Regeneration, Auto Start Stop, and a gearshift point indicator. The BMW X1 sDrive18d with rear-wheel drive and average fuel consumption to the EU standard of 5.2 litres/100 kilometres (equal to 54.3 mpg imp) and a CO2 rating of 136 grams/ kilometre offers the highest standard of efficiency all round.
• The cutting-edge suspension technology featured in the BMW X1 comprises a double-joint thrust bar or, respectively, an aluminium double-joint tiebar axle at the front and a five-arm rear axle in lightweight steel, high-precision power steering, high-performance brakes, Dynamic Stability Control including Dynamic Traction Control and, as an option, Performance Control acting on the brakes for particularly dynamic driving behaviour.
• The BMW X1 features a special body structure designed from the outset for maximum occupant safety. Standard features include three-point inertia-reel seat belts all round, frontal and side airbags as well as head airbags at the side, adaptive Brake Lights and daytime driving lights. Xenon headlights, Adaptive Headlights and a High-Beam Assistant are all available as an option.
• In conjunction with the optional Business and Professional navigation systems, the BMW X1 is equipped with the latest generation of BMW iDrive including a Controller and direct selection buttons on the centre console, a Control Display harmoniously integrated in the instrument panel, and favourite buttons beneath the control panel for the air conditioning featured as standard. The most sophisticated HiFi systems are available as an alternative to the audio system fitted as standard and the AUX-In port likewise featured as standard may be supplemented by a USB interface. Numerous driver assistance systems and the wide range of BMW ConnectedDrive services are also available.