What if the 2011 BMW 6 Series will look like this?

6-series | May 11th, 2009 by 28
bmw 6 promotor 102 What if the 2011 BMW 6 Series will look like this?

We’re back with our “What if….” articles and this time, we have some renderings of the next generation 2011 BMW 6 Series. We have been working together with our friends at Promotor.ro and their graphic artist in creating some computer generated images of what the generation 6 Series might look like.

Okay, maybe not what it will look like, but mostly what we believe it will be interesting if it will follow this design path. Sure, some might argue that the front-end is a bit too close to the CS Concept, and yes, you are absolutely right, but as far as the headlights, we might be onto something here.

bmw 6 promotor 101 498x331 What if the 2011 BMW 6 Series will look like this?

The rear-end was even more difficult to illustrate since the spy photos we have seen so far have not helped much, in terms of revealing useful details, but hey….we gave it a try and honestly, we wouldn’t mind if it would turn out to be designed like this.

bmw 6 promotor 102 498x331 What if the 2011 BMW 6 Series will look like this?

The side design is even more interesting in our opinion, with some flame-surfacing showing up there and some creases that might need a little bit of work.

Overall, it’s a work in progress and we just wanted to share it with you for some input, so feel free to tell us what you think.

Thanks to Avarvarii and Promotor.ro!

28 Responses to “What if the 2011 BMW 6 Series will look like this?”

1. Rich says:

The body lines on the side resemble the new E-Class Coupe quite a bit..

2. Neal Pratt says:

THIS IS HOTTT!!!! I loved the CS but I think this looks even better. It looks like a shark…

3. Russell says:

I love this, not just because it looks fantastic, but because it gives real homage to the E28 6 series – best of the E28, E64 and CS all in one car.
    Can’t be built of course (new Euro pedestrian safety regs make it impossible), but gorgeous!

4. Jag says:

stunning

5. patricksixer says:

I love it. This CS-based chop is actually more beautiful than it is unoriginal (come on, there have been a million chops from the CS). I think I have a new favorite though.

Bonus points for making it look kind of “shark-like” and thus paying tribute to my all time favorite, the E24 6 Series. Great job!! Not realistic, but great!

6. John Pham says:

Let’s just hope BMW does follow it. I wonder if they actually take into consideration public opinion on design? I’m really, really curious about that.

7. okeribok says:

if it were to look like this…

it would be good.

8. Giom says:

Very good try! Especially with my home city in the background -the most beautifull Cape Town.

Not sure about the hard top, it might be a soft top. But the side detail to me looks interesting so does the front. If this is the car, it is good.

9. Lee says:

Fail.

I think there needs to be more Z4 in the rear..

10. v1p3r says:

If it looks like this I’ll start selling people to afford one. LOL. I love the CS and this being based on it is just pure hotness

11. Aneeth says:

Very Male that design!

The shark front kinda reminds me of the Z8… The rear.. Lights to be abit more wider but otherwise pretty much in sync with the sleek lines…

Also couldn’t help thinking that somehow from some angles it resembles an American muscle car in it’s stance.. Dodge charger.. Camaro… Hmmm… The lifted rear bumper and poised styling….

12. Vaybach Khan says:

well people you could make a little more effort then just to take cs and make it a coupe..wtf…the next generation 6 will be evolution of current model e63/4…with a little influence of cs …!! maybe gt will have a little more cs in design…offcourse i would like to look like the renderings ,expesially the shark like front ,end first six e24(i. 4 russell )

13. bunker says:

I love it, but the nose looks to be way off from the spy photos, unless they’ve heavily built up the nose on the mules to throw us off…

14. Lawrence Smith III says:

The car is simply AMAMZING! I just love it. It has fantastic design cues and it is heavenly aggresive in the front, tho I think the back needs a little more re-designing but other than that the car is NICE! I can only imagine what the M6 could like look like with the these same design cues but with a more agressive look!

15. Lance says:

Everything is nice, EXCEPT for the headlights! Can they not have a sleeker, wider light instead of some inspiration from the Z8 almost a decade ago??? I have never liked the CS’s narrow headlights. They need something sleek, something that resembles the style of the rear lights! The current ones just do not match

16. BA says:

it’s a nice start…

17. David says:

WOW!!! That’s just superHOT!!!!

18. M6 fan says:

I think the headlights should be different, those doesn’t suit best but the rear part of the car is nice

19. Greg says:

Looks more like an 8 series. I miss the 8-series. I wish they’d come out with a M8.

20. John Pham says:

Someone mentioned Z4 taillights. Amen to that! The older E63 had a very sexy rear, but the front was debatable.

21. Colleen says:

I love it! Please stick with this body type! Awesome!! I’ll put my order in tomorrow!!

22. Reece says:

Its ok….but really too much like the concept…not seeing any imagination guys. But the concept its self is awesome. The is lightness and crispness about it. I like the current 6 but it does seem “heavy”.
    I like the location. That is Cape Town my home town.

23. just love the new 6 series.

24. Baloney says:

I’ve always preferred the 6 Series to the Benz CL, and it’s going to be no different this year. Even though I am a huge Merc fan, I have to say, that car looks absolutely astonishing! From every angle that car looks great. One thing I’m always scared of is new models of my favorite cars coming out, because frequently they’re terrible. Not the case here, though.

25. Mike says:

Cool picture love the new BMW