Mercedes and Audi at 2009 Chicago Auto Show

Auto Shows | February 14th, 2009 by 11
img 7319 1600x1200

Chicago Auto Show started yesterday and we had the opportunity to  visit the large showroom just a few days earlier. We reported on site about the BMW and MINI models displayed there, but we got sidetracked from the show by the breaking news of the BMW 5 Series GT.

So, we’re back on track and we have some pretty cool photos from the show. Since we have taken over 700 photos, we will break them down a bit. Today, we’re going to cover BMW’s main competitors, Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

img 7135 1600x1200 498x332

Compared to Detroit, the two German luxury carmakers didn’t bring their aces here. Audi “forgot” to showcase the Sportback Concept and Mercedes-Benz left home the McLaren SLR Stirling Moss.

But enough with the chit-chat, enjoy the photos thanks to our dear photographer, Kasia.

11 responses to “Mercedes and Audi at 2009 Chicago Auto Show”

1. Gil says:

Wonderful pictures, thank you!

The GLK looks funny. Something is out of proportion somewhere. Hrmmm…

Audi, I don’t know. Love ’em hate ’em. I actually just got home from test driving the Q5. Eh. *shrug* I will say that the interior is a lot more roomy than my X3. I can actually fit without my knees touching the dashboard. Always a plus. Incidentally there was a young couple who’s trading their X3 for a Q5 while I was there.

2. Gartz says:

BMW have to be careful with Audi… they have great designed cars

3. Gilbert says:

Audi R8 is “the” car… so beautiful… 100 chicks per hour…

4. Doug says:

Very nice pics.

I don’t understand the point of mercedes’ SLR… it’s a horrendously ugly car. And what model is that supercharged V12? Is it new?

Horatiu, is there any way to do captions?

5. Horatiu B. says:

@Doug: Which photo is it Doug?

Yes, there is a way to do caption, but not in a gallery format..I’ll try to find a better solution :)

6. Doug says:

@Horatiu B.: Ok, just an idea. We get too excited to actually google and figure it out. :)

The V12 Kompressor model…. this one: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/02/14/mercedes-and-audi-at-2009-chicago-auto-show/img_7202-1600×1200/

Looks like an SL or something. With an FI V12… who knows what model# they’d give it. SL950?

7. Doug says:

@Horatiu B.: Ok I got it. There’s two mercs, the SLR and the SL65 AMG.

8. Bmwe34 says:

“@Horatiu B.: Ok, just an idea. We get too excited to actually google and figure it out.

This is the “sl amg black”. whats up wit audi and this ugly red color? they should stick with white or black

9. Lance says:

The Audi SUV’s are flabby, fat and ugly. The R Class’s head lights are terrible. R8 is getting boring. I’d rather stick to something more premium – BMW