Last night, we brought you the first photos of the BMW 5 Series GT, the new Progressive Activity Sedan Concept, that will be launched later this year. Despite the skepticism of many people, including yours truly, the new BMW 5 Series GT turns out to be an interesting development coming out of the Munich gates.
As our sources mentioned throughout the last few months, the PAS or 5 Series GT will be a vehicle appealing to those that are looking for luxury, space and performance, but are not willing to spend money on a full 7 Series nor like the SAVs models.
So here is what we just learned a few minutes ago about the BMW 5 Series GT:
- The wheelbase is 3070mm, exactly the length of the 7 Series
- Overall length is 4998mm, 7cm shorter than the 7 Series
- Height 1555mm
- Individual rear seats separated by a center console, fully adjustable seats that can rely as well
- Seat height is 574mm, compared to X6 at 732mm and 5 Series Sedan at 504mm
- Trunk space volume of 1650 liters, close to the 1615 liters in the E61 5 Series Wagon
- Frameless doors
- Initially there will be only 6 cylinder engines with rear-wheel drive
- V8 engine and all-wheel drive to follow at a later date
- Eight-speed automatic gearbox
Full Gallery after the jump
Photos courtesy of BMW and Worldcarfans