Video: BMW X1 at the Arctic Circle

BMW X1 | February 2nd, 2009 by 7

The fellows at BMW-web.tv have just put up a video with the BMW X1 undergoing testing at the Arctic Circle. Back in December, we had another article on the X1 being winter tested in Arctic Driving Center in Rovaniemi, Finland.

Judging from the video below, I must say the BMW X1’s handling is quite exceptional and it certainly seems to keep the assertiveness spirit that defines a bimmer. As you recall, the car will go on sale later this year and it will only be available for the European market.

There are four models available xDrive20i, xDrive20d, xDrive30i and a hybrid version, with the high-end xDrive30i being powered by 3.0L I6 engine with 272HP, and a 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Pricing? Unknown at the moment, but it will be somewhere between the 3 Series Touring and X3.

7 responses to “Video: BMW X1 at the Arctic Circle”

1. Matski says:

Get in! sweet video, now if only the car wasn’t so damn ugly…

2. Elio says:

I don’t think it’s ugly, the concept colour isn’t particularly flattering. Once it’s in production form I think it’ll look great. I just hope it performs better than an X5 I saw today, stuck in a little thick slush whilst Land Rover’s of all ages drove around it.

3. Marc says:

Sorry, there are too many trees for that to be at, or above, the arctic circle. Much shorter spruce and the like are what is typically found that far north.

Interesting video of an ugly car.

4. Tom Hegedosh says:

I wonder if the exhaust REALLY sounds like that. I always thought the x3 was small enough

5. Bike trader says:

The X1 demonstrates its agility and grip in some snowy terrain. Snow isn’t that deep, but the landscape looks great…. :D

6. paul says:

I have driven my 335xi to with in 100 miles of the Arctic Circle , I have been north of the circle countless times and the Boreal forest extends beyond the circle for 100’s of miles in Alaska . There is a plaque on the Dalton Highway marking the last tree on the highway and its up in the Brooks Range ,