More and more news regarding BMW’s roadmap and future models are coming out. Just a few weeks ago, we showed BMW’s roadmap in 2009 but let’s try to talk about vehicles that will be launched past 09.
As we have mentioned many many times, BMW is moving towards smaller, more efficient cars geared towards a new consumer base. While the Progressive Activity Sedan remains a car oriented towards families and consumers with an above average income.Then we learned about the Progressive Activity Coupe (PAC), based on the 3 Series platform and oriented towards a younger, more adventurous crowd.
And the latest gimmick from BMW, CAS, a small crossover based on the 1 Series platform this time. But what else has BMW planned for us in the future? We all heard about the rumored BMW 135i SuperSports car, an M1 replacement, that comes out in 2010, but BMW has in their pipeline a diversified line-up, based on the 1 Series platform.
- 5 door hatch – conventional 5dr hatch
- 3 door hatch – conventional 3dr hatch
- 2 door coupe – sedanish coupe with 2 doors
- 2 door convertible – sedanish cabrio with 2 doors and canvas roof
- Z2 Roadster – 2-seater roadster with canvas roof
- X1- mini SAV
- small crossover CAS (1er GT / Y1) – 5dr mix of a hatch, wagon and sedan -a substitute to conventional sedan and wagon which won’t be offered
But, this is not all, BMW is also considering other models/concepts:
- X-cabrio – an AWD cabrio-crossover with canvas roof
- Z2 coupe – a small 2-seater coupe with fixed roof based on the Z2 roadster
- 1 Series Shooting Brake – a 3dr shooting brake vehicle either based on 1er coupe or 1er CAS
Lots of new models to come out in the next few years and it certainly seems like the auto industry and BMW are going through some major changes and shifting their strategy.
Keep in mind, as the done deal CS Concept was canceled, many of the above, proposed concepts could get the axe also.
[Source: Germancarzone ]