We are just a few hours away from entering a new year and as many of you know by now, we had a great year here at BMWBlog. Many of our articles constantly made the news on major blogs and website and we established ourselves as the “one-stop shop” for all the BMW news, rumors, photos and anything related to BMW.
With over 1,100 articles written this year, it was difficult to choose the best ones and most important, to be totally unbiased. So, I based my decision on the amount of clicks each articles has received, the internet buzz it has created and the amount of comments left on them. There were definitely more than ten amazing stories this year, but we’ll stick to the popular and catchy Top Ten format.
1. A great comparison between some of the most popular models from BMW, Audi and Infiniti.
2. What went behind the scene of the all new 2009 BMW 7 Series article was one of our articles that created the biggest buzz on the internet and it was reprinted by many designing websites as well. Great marketing material from BMW.
3. The unveiling of the M1 Hommage, a concept that pays tribute to the original M1.
4. Giom’s renderings of the next generation 2012 BMW M6 were the highlight of our blog in May. An interesting approach that has equally drawn admiration and criticism.
5. But we were wrong also and not afraid to admit it. We announced in April that the new Z4 will come with both soft and hardtop, based on inside information. BMW was indeed testing both versions at that point to calculate aerodynamics parameters and performance between the two.
6. Josh drove one of the first new BMW M3 Coupe that was available in the U.S. He shared with us his findings and some great photos
7. BMW unveiled their urban vehicle, part of the X series, and named X1. A vehicle that was heavily bashed when the first spy shots surfaced, but received well after the official unveiling in Paris.
8. The BMW Gina Concept made the bimmer fans regret that it won’t become a production car……at least anytime soon.
9. The highly-awaited redesigned, all new, etc…BMW 7 Series finally took off its covers. Beside the exterior redesign, the new 7er impressed by its high-tech technology and beautiful interior design.
10. Last but not least, one of the best designs that came out of the BMW’s factory doors in the past few years: BMW Z4. Designed by a team of female designers, the new BMW Z4 impressed everyone from the get-go, a vehicle that is expected to boost the BMW sales and win the battle of supremacy in the roadsters class.
I hope the above top serves as a refresher of what happened in the BMW world in 2008 and I can assure you that 2009 looks even more promising. The roadmap laid ahead of us is quite impressive and it will give us a lot of subjects to talk about.
Once again, thank you for all the support you’ve given us and we wish you a Happy New Year!