Top 50 Luxury Car Interior Designs

Interesting | October 31st, 2008 by 75
2008 le mansory convertible based on bentley continental gtc interior top 1280x960 Top 50 Luxury Car Interior Designs

I have been meaning for a while to put together an article on some of the most beautiful car interior designs that I have seen to this date. I finally gathered all the photos that I needed and I am ready to show you some amazing interior designs.

And I am aware that there are more cars out there with probably even better designs, so feel free to let me know if I should update the article with more photos.

P.S For more interior photos of even more cars, you can always visit this website as well.

That’s it for now, we’ll be back soon with more exclusive news. But in the mean time, if you would like us to keep you updated on all the BMW news, please take a moment and sign up for our email feed. Get updates by email

Acura TL Type S

Pagani Zonda F

Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche 997 GT2

Rolls Royce Phantom

and the master piece

2008 Le Mansory Convertible based on Bentley Continental

75 Responses to “Top 50 Luxury Car Interior Designs”

1. Speedoholic says:

The Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG ?? seriously? I mean you can’t even see in front of you …

2. Brookside says:

Nice Roundup. I’m really looking forward to getting a look at the new Z4 interior….from what we’ve seen in spy pics, it’s quite a break with the past model’s minimalism. And something entirely new from BMW.

3. Artmic says:

i love the leather in the Maserati , and the Zonda.

4. Horatiu B. says:

@Brookside: Thanks. It took a while to find some images and sort them out :)

5. oneill3 says:

IMHO
    Auston Maritn have the best interiors, lush!
    Next would be the Mercerdes SL and BMW 1 and Z4.

6. ryan says:

some of my top favorites you didn’t include:
    porsche cayenne interior &
    mercedes benz CL series

7. roffle waffle says:

you could add the koeniggsegg and the spyker c8

8. Lance says:

I must say that the 3 Series interior is absolutely amazing, especially with beigh and dark wood trim. It is just so modern, classy like an art gallery. Those Audi interiors are actually quite boring, nothing really special about them. You forgot the interior of the CS concept. It is also pretty amazing.

9. miles says:

wheres the Range Rover? :)

10. Horatiu B. says:

@miles: You’re right, it should be on there

11. Horatiu B. says:

@ryan: The Cayenne is pretty nice, I didn’t think of it though.

12. Josh says:

@Speedoholic:
    Have you ever driven one?

13. Madison says:

I can’t stand car interiors any more. With all the technology we are shoe-horning into luxury sports cars nowadays, many of them just have too many freaking buttons, gauges, and displays; and the worst part is that they are spread out throughout the driver’s field of vision and the cabin.

That’s why I really like the way the 3 series interiors have always been designed: Buttons are located in the center console/ radio area; Displays are located in the gauge cluster and are easy to interpret and concise while still being very informative; and the navigation/radio displays are level with the gauge cluster on the dash. This makes everything feel like it is right where it should be, and when I reach for a button or look for a gauge it always feels natural and easy.

But by far my favourite interior design element in 3 series cars (and BMWs in general) is the Amber color of the display and gauge illumination. While blues feel bright and obnoxious, and greens feel dim and cheep; the reddish orange of BMW Amber is subdued just enough to be comfortable, yet still bright enough to see in all conditions. It just looks elegant and like most BMW aesthetics feels just right.

14. Dave says:

^ Madison

Own a BMW? I’ve always thought that the.. umm.. I honestly don’t know what the light is called but my BMWs have all had them. The orange light that shines down from the ceiling at all times. It slightly illuminates the car during the night and I love it. The late model BMWs have the window controls on the doors now and the switches on the front passenger doors are a pain to reach the way that they designed them. I love the simplicity of the interiors.

15. Jonathan Johnson says:

The Aston Martin DB S…….is my personal favorite!!!!!!!

16. Clara says:

Fascinating set, Horatiu. We could go on all day about all the design decisions by each maker.

The lower end BMWs really don’t compare well, unfortunately. People have said before that but it wasn’t clear (to me) until now. The new 7 is spectacular though.

17. Malcolm says:

Nice roundup Horatiu! I thought of doing a post like this on my site but you beat me to it! Keep up the good work!

18. Auday says:

I think this is missing the best two BMW interiors (IMO), the original E31 850i interior (before they added the wood option), and the E39 M5.

19. Madison says:

@Top 50 Luxury Car Interior Designs – German Car Zone: Own a BMW? Why yes! Right now I have an e46 Facelifted Convertible, but I have had various e36 & e46 models over the last few years.

I also enjoy the Amber ambient cabin lighting (They even have it in the convertibles!), and I completely agree with you on those darned window switches! I always loved my BMW’s for having the window switches in the center console and I am very sad to see them moved, in fact it is one of the few design changes that is keeping me from getting a newer bimmer.

20. Lance says:

@Madison:
    Sorry but window switches in the centre console is just so old fashioned and outdated I think. It’s like putting a fan in your car don’t you think?

21. hpjdmengines says:

They are all great, but the bright yellow flooring of the NSX would be a disaster. The corvette is a little lower quality than the rest.

22. Car Guy says:

Great interiors, but how about some more Americans?.. such as the Lincoln Navigator or Cadillac Escalade?

23. Car Guy says:

Also on another note, the Dodge Viper’s interior is a little plain compared to the rest. The Corvette is much more advanced than the Viper considering the much more comfortable leather interior, Navigation system, bose audio system, heated/cooled seats, and powered seats. I think that proves its much more advanced than the viper from what I’ve read about the viper. Furthermore, the Corvette’s seats make it much more comfortable to drive farther for longer periods of time compared to the hard seats in the viper.

But both are nice cars and I feel both do belong on the list…

24. GearModa says:

this is an excellent list, definitely like the Bentley Continental GT Speed and audi r8 interiors the best. I am very disappointed with the mercedes interior as they look a little bland.
    Im curious why the Range Rover interiors are not on this list, they have stunning layouts.

25. justice league says:

hey horatiu. B your post is pretty much on point but i think some cars shouldn’t have made the list, e.g chevy’s , dodge ,luxury?.. far from. u.s car makers do not understand luxury cars(especially interiors). range rover vogue, spyker, maybach, bentley (flying spur),cayenne, renault c6, cadillac escalade, merc cls, even nissan370gt should definitely have made the list in my opinion. either way nice post.

26. john says:

Although I appreciate the compilation, I do respectfully question the absence of the Swedish brands who put blase German (BMW and MB) and derivative Japanese interior automotive design to shame. Saab’s aerospace advertising may be jarring, however, what is not is their “cockpit” aesthetics, which is much more coherent and logical and comfortable than the cubist proportions so common in many designs; similarly, volvo may arguably be minimalist to a fault in the 40 lineup (misnomer C30 included here), they too respect one’s spatial intelligence.

On the whole, thanks.

27. satya iyer says:

one word excellent interiors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mind blowing

28. uma says:

Hey this is a very interesting article!

29. Rich Lee says:

Good list. I’d have included a VW Pheaton and the late model Audi a6 (c5)

30. Gary says:

Great choices, Horatiu! You may have missed one, though; hHave you ever seen the interior of the Spyker C8 Aileron?
    Thanks for putting together these photos.

gp

31. akshay kumar says:

i lyked dis kaarrrrr lamborghini………..n m sure 2 buy 8…………!!

32. Jonathan says:

Where’s the Alpha Romeo? Seriously!! They are erotic! :P As far as I know there only good in design and style. The Range Rover truly deserved it place! Not the Cayenne ;)

33. Thanks for sharing the car interior designs here.They all look good,comfortable and safe.I like the one on Audi 8 most.

34. Idris says:

I do really like BMW interior stuffs but for porsche carrera GT it is not idea for me.

35. Kevin K says:

Corvette? Really? I always thought that it combined poor design with poor build quality and scratchy, hard plastics that wouldn’t look out of place as Owen Corning insulation.

36. I love the Lamborghini Gallardo seats.Very elegant and comfortable.Actually,the car itself is unexplainable.Almost perfect inside and out.

37. Almedin says:

AUDI R8

38. BMW interiors 4 me looks winsome and captivating

39. Custom car interiors are plush and shaped for easier social activity and use diverse seating such as bucket, bench, hybrid seats and even full-on reclining back seats. Customer car interiors show off the fun and wild side of their owners with quirky steering wheels, gas brake pedals, knobs and rear view mirrors.

40. Aaron says:

surely Acura has made a very good looking car, but i wont agree with the specs as the price is too high for these specs and i have also faced a lot of problems with this car. i cant even remember how many times have i taken this car for service. some minor and some major problems, keeps on coming for whole year. fed up of this car and i don’t want to buy any other car from Acura.

41. a91qs says:

Lincoln MKS should be on there.. maybe a Volvo.

42. sujit says:

where is rolce royce ghost and maybach 62???

43. Luke says:

You forgot the lambo murcielago. the stiching on this interior seats are rediculous. You also forgot the spyker c8 laviolette. it puts bugattis interior to shame. Though now bugatti is probably ranked# 2. with Rolls royce reiging supreme.

44. Nclaire61 says:

Its great that TLS is one among them. I own one and its nearly 3 years old still have no complaints and yes of course comfortable.

45. Nclaire61 says:

46. Egrdaphnis says:

le masonery is the one I’m dying for

47. Bob ilidoodoo says:

tits

48. Carfanatic says:

The 1990 – 1996 Nissan 300zx should be on this list. Still remember the first time I sat in it.

49. Killakoz28 says:

where’s the 06 gto

50. Sushilpatil35 says:

As a interior design engineer I always prefer car with stunning interior …..

51. Guest says:

Great post!

52. Ervincapvitz says:

These car interiors are very bold and appealing. I personally like the Audi S5 above. It seems fit for royalty. Aside from checking the car’s functionality, it is also important to see if you will be comfortable with the ride’s interiors.

-Ervin Capvitz

53. Sd says:

please add VW passat cockpit, the best :-)

54. All are nice and it really captivates your senses.I’m sure you will enjoy your stay in these cars and have a good trip with your love ones.

55. Mlbrnq says:

why the hell are the corvette and viper interiors even on this list, its not even a luxury car and its interior is primarily made up of low rent plastics and its laid out poorly

56. Mlbrnq says:

also the styling is abysmal

57. BentlyCoupe says:

How the HELL did the Dodge Viper make this list.. LMAO

58. Michael says:

Great projects, nowadays it’s difficult t find a decent car upholstery. I have found recently a small company with great aspirations making unbelievable projects and now they are going into luxury vehicles. What is special about them is the fact that they offer things others would not be willing to do due to difficulties of making. Just take a look :

59. Joseph says:

they forgot the spiker victor has the nicest out of all of them

60. darpan says:

interiors are awesome……….

61. scott says:

Pagani makes incredible interiors for my money-of which I have no where near enough to even dream about owning one!

62. carfanatic says:

how in the world does this list not have the maybach 62 s or the maybach landaulet?!? everyone knows the maybachs have the most luxurious interior a car can have.

63. INGFRIEDRICH says:

WANNA KNOW WHY CADDY CTS INTERIOR HAVE A PRETTY DESIGN???? COZ ITS CRUZE-BASED ONLY MORE CHROME THATS THE REAL REASON!!!!!!

64. i lik the most interier design cars

65. http://qualitycarinterior.com/ says:

love the design on the lambo Reventon and Maserati Quattroporte, what do you think about bright colored leather vs the more classic colors? Have you seen any customed design audi r8 interiors?

66. crystal says:

you may be interest in http://www.crystal-artist.com. We add Swarovski Crystal to the interior & exterior of cars giving it a luxury VIP feel… http://www.twitter.com/crystal_artist

67. kevin says:

stopped reading at “Corvette C6″..clearly you’ve never sat in a damn car before.

68. Where's Pagani huayra??? says:

Where’s Pagani huayra???

69. Ole says:

Mustang is not a luxery car, it is a cheap car

70. bob says:

stugatti

71. bob says:

wheres the cavalier interior

72. Aygun Ab says:

BMW always know how create perfect cars! Looking to such cars, I can only enjoy thier look and I cant imagine how it is possible to drive such auto)) I guess it is more comfortable to use salon as in Acura TSX on http://acurapics.info!

73. saran smith says:

BMW interior additions are best one for me love it