Pretty cool looking bimmer

3-Series | July 26th, 2008 by 11

Driving down on one of the Chicago’s busiest highways, I noticed riding next to me a BMW 3 Series in a platinum bronze color. This is one of those rare colors that you can barely see it anywhere.

From my experience, the most common bimmer colors or at least the 3 series ones, seem to be either Silver, white gray or black, at least here in the Chicagoland area.

Maybe it was the sunset combined with the color and the tinted windows, but the 3er looked pretty damn good.

Also, this was the perfect opportunity to test my iPhone 3G camera and posting this blog from my phone along with the photos :) I hope you’ll excuse that.

So, does any of you have the platinum bronze color and if you do, what made you choose it?

11 responses to “Pretty cool looking bimmer”

1. Shane says:

I do, but mine is the 1 Series E87. The colour is called Sonora. It is beautiful, especially when it is coated with the light of sunset. It is just so amazing! I think this colour looks better with a smaller car such as the 1 Series than a 3 Series though, maybe it’s because of the deisgn shapes, the way the light is reflected. I chose it because it looks exclusive, it is actually a golden colour during the day.

2. Shane says:

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1082066&id=553303495[/img]

3. Shane says:

[img]http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v272/2/14/553303495/n553303495_1082066[/img]

4. Horatiu B. says:

@Shane: I know the color, and I agree, it looks pretty damn good on the 1 series. What made you choose it?

5. Nico says:

Here in Belgium, Europe you see that color quite a lot, but still not as much as the more traditional colors.

6. Marcelo says:

I also had that color on a 323 when I lived in Miami. We chose it because we really liked the color – it does indeed look great against the sunset – and it stands the car out from any other 3-series in the road. In the two years we had the car, we only saw another one in the same color.

Now we live in Madrid and have a 320d Touring in Barberarot red. I guess we acquired have a taste for different colors.

7. Shane says:

@Horatiu B.:

Mine’s a pre-facelift. The other colours offered by BMW seemed too feminine taste to me, especially the light blue. The Havonna was too dark, although a nice colour. The non-metallic blue and red didn’t do the car justice. So it was between white and sonora, and the colour sonora is just so special, the way the sunset light is reflected!!! It looks like a normal gold colour during the day (a shade darker than the new cashm. silver). Pity they don’t offer it in the new 1 Series anymore, and I don;t think the new 3 will have it either, so it’s the last of this colour. Wish I could post some picture up to share with you.

8. Horatiu B. says:

@Shane: Please, feel free to post some pics and we will have an article dedicated to it :) Impress us with your photos.

9. Shane says:

How do I post them?

10. Shane says:

@Horatiu B.: How do I post them?

11. Randy says:

Yes, we have that lovely color. Pretty rare in NY also, but it caught our eye. It is very cool with a light tan interior.
    Also–silly question: the 328ix, are there warning lights for open doors and trunk? I mean when you’re standing still.