The German magazine Auto Motor und Sport had an interview with BMW's Chief of Development, Herr Klaus Draeger. Here are some key points taken out of the interview:
- There will definitely be a hybrid version of the F01/F02 7 series- There won't be an electronic engine for the 7 series. According to Draegerelectronic cars are only useful for short distances like those driven within cities.He talks about a maximum of 150 kilometers per day.
- BMW is very happy with the sales-numbers of it's X-Cars.
- BMW won't build a supercar or a rival for the Audi R8. BMW concentrates on the strategy of reducing emissions and fuel consumptions and is not planning to waste any money on supercars.
- There will be no M3 CSL
- The BMW PAS will be something similar to the Mercedes CLS, but it won't be marketed as a four-door-coupé.
- The CS Concept was "close to reality", so maybe it will be built, he does not really confirm it.
- The next Rolls Royce model is ready to be launched (the small one I guess, but no information about it in the article)
Interesting news regarding the M3 CSL, especially since for the past few days, many reports came in that BMW is indeed going to launch the M3 CSL sometimes in 2010, and just a few months back, the car was spotted on the 'Ring. Take what you want from this :)