According to a BMW-Press-Release, the BMW-Group was the most successful manufacturer in the readers-vote of the "sport auto", which is, for those of you who don't know already, the magazine where most of the Nürburgring-Nordschleife-times known in the web come from.
The demanding readers of this magazine make the vote being the most important in Germany, in regards to the sportiness of a car. The cars are sorted in fourteen different categories and BMW managed to win six of them and be within the top 3 with five other cars.
The results of the BMW-Group-cars:
- MINI John Cooper Works: winner small cars
- BMW 130i: 2nd place compact cars (winner: Audi S3)
- BMW 123d Coupé: winner Diesel up to 35 000 Euro
- BMW 335d: winner Diesel over 35 000 Euro (2nd place: BMW Alpina D3)
- BMW 335i: winner sedans up to 45 000 Euro
- BMW M3 sedan: winner sedans up to 90 000 Euro (3rd place: BMW Alpina B3 BiTurbo)
- BMW M5: 2nd place sedans over 90 000 Euro (winner: Audi RS6)
- BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5si: 3rd place cabrios / roadster up to 40 000 Euro (winner: Lotus Elise S)
- BMW M3 Cabrio: 2nd place cabrios / roadster up to 80 000 Euro (winner: Porsche Boxster S)
- BMW 335i Coupé: winner coupés up to 45 000 Euro
- BMW M3 Coupé: 3rd place coupés up to 90 000 Euro (winner: Artega GT)
As you can see there is no doubt among the readers of sport auto who is building the sportiest sedans and the sportiest Diesel cars! And then, we should not forget about the Wiesman MF3 Roadster, powered by the drivetrain of the E46-M3 with it's award-winning 343hp-inline-six-cylinder. This model finished second in the categorie Cabrios / Roadster over 80 000 Euro, and it was only topped by the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.