The new 2008 BMW M3 coupe has been on the front of many car magazines, blogs and auto forums for quite some time now. It is probably the most eagerly anticipated launch in the car industry and we are just months away. The BMW M3 coupe has already been launched in Europe but until now there was no official release date for the buyers in United States.
An internal BMW memo has confirmed that the production will start in December 2007 and the retail launch is planned for Spring 2008. The sedan production will start at later date.
Here are some key points found on the internal bulletin:
- 414hp 4L V8 engine, 8400rpm redline
- 295 lb-ft torque
- Individual throttle butterflies
- 30 lbs lighter than S54 6-cylinder
- All new aluminum suspension, wider track
- Shorter final drive 3.48 vs 3.46 than 335i
- Cross drilled brakes
- Carbon Fiber roof (only on coupe, ordering the optional regular moon roof replaces carbon roof)
- Power dome, wheel well extension, aero package
- Function side grills, quad exhaust pipes
- Light weight bumpers
- Four exclusive M colors, Jerez Black, Melbourne Red, Interlagos Blue and Silverstone
- M sport seats
- Sport steering wheel
- Variable tachometer / oil temperature gauge
- Carbon leather trim
- Console mounted Power and DSC buttons
- The M3 coupe is a 4-seater, the Sedan gets five
Very important detail: the new M3 comes standard without iDrive and without the double cowl cockpit and LCD monitor.
That's it for now, hopefully soon we can give you more information on the pricing.